Title: Front Desk Security
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Unit: Asset and Property Management Employee
Type: Multiple Positions: Part time, 16 hours per week Coverage
Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc. (FAC) is an award winning non-profit South Brooklyn based comprehensive community development corporation and NeighborWorks American chartered member formed in 1978, whose mission is to advance economic and social justice. FAC advances its mission principally through developing and managing affordable housing and community facilities, creating economic opportunities and ensuring access to economic security, organizing residents and workers, offering student-centered adult education and combating displacement caused by gentrification. FAC’s growing Asset and Property Management unit oversees nearly 500 units of affordable housing and over 20 commercial units spread over 45 properties and manages low and moderate-income housing financed by federal, state, NYC funding sources, banks, and low-income housing tax credits. The unit seeks highly a motivated individual to provide Front Desk Security full time. The Front Desk Security position is in an affordable, supportive housing building for formerly homeless and low-income adults, many with special needs.
Under the supervision of the Front Desk Lead Security, the primary responsibility of the Front Desk Security staff is to monitor the safety and security of the building and its tenants. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitor the safety and security of building and its tenants and report any problems or needs as per policy and protocols.
• Monitor and ensure consistent and proper application of agency’s visitor identification policy.
• Monitor the proper functioning of building systems and notifying appropriate staff person about irregular situations.
• Observe and, using the shift log, record conditions including potential problems in the building every two hours during the shift or more often if conditions require.
• Monitor fire alarm station, correct and record malfunctions, and follow the prescribed procedure for dealing with (false or real) alarms and fires.
• Monitor activities in the building using the closed-circuit television. Report activity in the shift log.
• Follow the agency’s emergency protocol including notifying partner social service staff and outside emergency personnel of situations or incidents which may require outside intervention or assistance.
• Work with emergency personnel when they arrive to acquaint them with issues involving tenants or the building.
• Complete incident reports according to agency guidelines.
• Follow procedures according to the front desk manual and maintain a clean and orderly front desk reception area.
• Answer phone, take messages, and report through Building Link Program
• Monitor goods being delivered to and leaving from the building. • Monitor, document and report any problems caused by tenants or guests who do not observe house rules and protocols related to COVID-19.
• Prepare service request forms for repair and/or maintenance problems reported by tenants or observed during shift.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience providing front desk security in residential setting, or supportive housing preferred.
• Full time staff must have NY State Security License upon application and part-time staff must obtain New York State Security License required within 3 months of hire.
• Fireguard Certificate required within 1 month of hire.
• Computer and digital literacy, demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office programs.
• Ability to maintain confidential information, as related to position.
• Spanish speaking a plus.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Be skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have a pro-active approach to problem solving.
• Ability to interact with people in a professional and courteous manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to low and moderate income communities and residents required.
Compensation: Salary – $15 per hour. The full time position includes a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (following a 90-day waiting period), group life insurance, accrued paid time off and access to retirement savings and flexible spending plans. The part time position(s) includes prorated accrued time off.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter with “Front Desk Security” in the subject line by August 15, 2021 to: Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc. Attn: Front Desk Security 621 DeGraw Street Brooklyn NY 11217 email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please
For more information about FAC, go to www.fifthave.org
Women and people of color and local residents are strongly encouraged to apply. FAC is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)